Tuesday 4 May 2021

At last.... I have finished my research report!



 Like I wrote in my last post my phd-traject had been ended at a rather rude way. While trying to finish the writing my supervisors decided to stop supporting me. They had decided this together, the day for our appointment. It was presented as a fait à complit. The main reason to stop their guidance was that they didn't expect me to finish the report in time. 😲😲 It was a  rather strange argument because I was at that time the only one who was putting time in the writing (in my own spare time)!😀 In a split second I was considering to search for new supervisors, but a the same time a great fatigue overtook me. 

Considering the care for my mother and the impact at my energy level it was rather clear that I had to decide to stop with this project for health reasons. Having the findings of my research already, I decided to adjust my goals and start writing my report in a short and more accessible way for my colleagues. Luckily I got support of two colleagues who were very enthusiastic over my research. They reckoned my findings interesting enough for my colleagues. In their eyes the findings will contribute to the evidence based work which is so propagated by Vocational Expert Knowledge Center (AKC), one of my former sponsors. 

With the help of these colleagues - Yvette and Natasha - I did finish my report recently. They were very enthusiastic and so inspiring that I retrieved my own pleasure and drive to finish the job. I know for sure that without their support I wouldn't have succeeded and therefore I' am very grateful for their support. At last finished 😃, just one day before my retirement!

The report will be included in the AKC library. In that way it will be easily accessible for all vocational experts in the field of Work and Health. 

It's also therefore an easily to read document for the people who I have interviewed in my research over their experiences with the phenomenon of the second opinion.
Over time I will provide a webinar, because corona makes it impossible till now to organize a workshop with many people. In the webinar I will give more information over the background of subject of the research and the decisions we have made in the approach on the investigation. Of course there will be room for questions. As soon as the date is known I will publish it in my blog and on LinkedIn. 

Of course I will continue on this blog with specific findings in my report. Hopefully it will give you as reader, more inspiration to react on my post. And maybe we could come to some exchange of new insights and research knowledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment