Thursday 22 August 2013

The proces of progress and something called inspiration


Well... it's been a long time since I have written on my blog. The main reason is that I have been very busy with my research, so that's the good part of the excuse. To write something of interest is akward when inspiration is far away and that's the nasty part.
But now after one and a half year of hard work I did refind  my inspiration to write in my blog again, and hopefully you will enjoy it (again).

About the hard work part: I did, at last, finish my research design and proposal in the spring of 2012. Both supervisors were very pleased with the content. After this important milestone I have been very busy with drawing up a good and validated questionnaire for the survey. And after testing this questionnaire, the next challenge was the making of a random sample for the survey to start with that at the end of 2012. Lucky, the response was good: we did receive more than expected. Out of the casegroup we had a response of 27% and out of the controlgroup even a nice 42%. So all the effords I made in creating an understandable and accessible questionnaire in coöperation with my supervisors, were repaid !

With a treasure filled up with information, the next step was importing the obtained data in SPSS. Unlucky there were some setbacks in doing this, and so we did lose some valuable time. That's why the data-analysis didn't take place earlier than now. In the meanwhile I have written the second concept of my first article. A really exciting experience  which I have enjoyed very much. The content of the article is about my research proposal and research design. Ít's interesting to read because it sheds light at my search for a clear cut but scientific approach. So hopefully we will get one of the so many scientific journals interested for publishing the article. Before that time I cannot reveal anything of the content. When it's accepted I can tell everything about  it without any reserve.

And at the very moment I'am preparing myself for doing the interviews as part of the qualitative research.










No comments:

Post a Comment